What Few Want To Hear

Unfortunately, as someone very close to me quite insightfully pointed out just yesterday, Americans no longer have the inner strength and resolve they had at one time. And even if they did, the numbers of truly active people would not exceed 15%.

It was only 10-15% who actively participated (in one way or another) in the American Revolution. While that minority accomplished something never before seen, it didn’t take long for the myopia, lethargy, and corruption contained within the remaining 85% to begin undoing those amazing things, gradually burying the initiative of those 15% who, in their advanced ages, could merely sit by and watch.

Sad isn’t it that such a wonderful opportunity for mankind was incrementally and systematically disassembled. Even sadder that most people today don’t even have a clue.

Oh, but they’ll sit around and brouhaha about being “a Democrat!” or “a Republican!” And how “It’s all the others fault!” And “This time, we’ll get (insert name of flavor of the day politician) in there and (s)he’ll straighten all this out!”

Really??

People actually still believe in this crap? But, I do digress because they are part of that perennial 85% who have always and will continue to behave that way and inflict their will on the outnumbered minority who actually know better.

Hey?? Republics were supposed to protect those 15% against wild and crazy actions of the majority!

What’s that you say? You know you’re absolutely right. That’s one of the things that, in practice, incrementally changed. Now, we’re a “Democracy” where the majority lords over the minority and the 15% don’t have those protections anymore.

Advertisements